Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WORSHIP STUFF

What do you find is the best way to spend time with God??

A little while ago my iPod vanished, despite searching high and low and practically tearing the last place I saw it apart, I as yet have been still unable to find it.

Now I dont know about you, but for me my iPod is no luxury, it is an essential part of my life. I listen to it in the car, in the office, and while I am travelling it is a great way to spend time waiting, or to unwind while away from home. I also use music frequently as a way to spend some time with God, I find that the right songs are able to help me enter a worshipful attitude and tune into God.

I never realised just how much I used my iPod until last week, while I was away at a conference and wanted to spend some time chilling out with God, and went to reach for my iPod and realised that I didnt have it!!

What is it about music that seems to lift the human soul and spirit?

I understand that music doesnt do it for everyone, in fact I know a few people who can think of very little worse than having to sing as a part of worship. But for me, and for many others I imagine, while I may not be a great singer, or even a good one, music has this way of lifting me to a higher plane and allowing me to really feel God's presence in a special way.

So this week, pray that my iPod turns up, and maybe even try searching for an alternative way to worship God yourself.

Also, it would be great if you could share about what ways you worship God!!!

1 comment:

Shar said...

It's a challenge when we lose the ability to connect with God as we've been used to aye...but its also an opportunity to dig deeper. When I went to the states to do summer camp I really struggled at first to connect with God. I'd been so used to connecting with him through my small group, the music we sang, and the people I did life with. When all of those things were on the other side of the world and not within easy reach I had to learn to 'find God' in other ways and it's had a huge impact on my life ever since....so maybe, just maybe the loss of the ipod (whether temporary or permanent) could be an opportunity for growth...but here's hoping you find it :)