Thursday, January 10, 2008

UN4SAKEN

Only 6 more sleeps until I leave for New Zealand!!!

As I sit in my office and try to figure out when I can take my holidays this year, I see all of the events that are planned for this year. Summer Celebration is on again an will be held regionally in Torquay, Warrnambool and Kaniva. Fun for all of the family with some unique activities to be held at each event. Some of these activities are yet to be announced, but I can reveal that the innaugural Matthew 14:29 challenge will be held in Kaniva this year!! The basic idea of the Matthew 14:29 cahllenge is this: Each corps is to come to Summer Celebration at the Kaniva pool equipped with their device that will enable them to be like Peter in Matt. 14:29 and walk upon the water. The winner will be the person with the most 'faith', that is the person able to walk the farthest distance on the water down the pool. Competitiors will be considered 'sinking' when the water reaches a point above their knees or when their faith based walking appartus touches the bottom to the pool, or they require assistance from Jesus or any other form of rescue. Anybody who can make it the entire distance walking on the water from deep end to shallow end will win the opportunity to throw their much beloved DY, fully uniformed (Hat, Jacket, Shirt, Tie, Pants and Shoes), into the pool.


Challenges for the remaining Summer Celebrations are in their early formulative stages and more info will be out soon!!


Easter comes early this year, and that means that there isnt long to go until easter Camp is here also. The theme for this year is UN4SAKEN, and reminds us of Jesus' cry from the cross: "My god, my God, why have you forsaken me?" But also reminds us of the fact that God has promised to never leave or forsake us. Check out Psalm 22 when have the chance, the first line of the psalm is "My God, my God, why have you forskaen me?" But as you read on, something changes and towards the end we see that; "The poor shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD..."


Sometimes, even when it feels like God isn't present or is a long way off, we need to remember that He is always with us, even if we cant feel His presence, and that even the poor in spirit will inherit the Kingdom of God!!


Something to think about before camp maybe??

3 comments:

Darren Lamotte said...

Hi Joel,
Great thoughts it really made me stop and think. I am looking forward to both the Summer Celebration and the Easter Camp.
Have a great time in NZ !! we will catch up on your return.
Darren

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
radspank said...

Hey mate, long time no speak!
Great blogging, ggod to read. Hope you have a hoot in NZ! Bless you heaps - Nath