Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kids Camp Promo, & other stuff

Well, I've finally done it, the Kids Camp Promo is on You Tube, Expect more videos to follow.

Things have been pretty busy lately, the division has a few events coming up; the 2 Love G.P. and launch is a little over a week away, I'm really looking forward to that, it's going to be lots of fun!! I mean, who doesn't love Go Karting?? Also Kids Camp is just over a fortnight away. This camp is going to be soo much fun, I wish I was a Kid and not a leader so that I could get in on all of the fun!! And basketball carnival isn't far away either, I'm really looking forward to that. It's going to be great to play sport full on and also see a bit of Adelaide when we get the time!! We have had a few cancellations from the Mens B Team, so in you're interested in playing, or know someone else who might be, let me know and we will get them registered.

I was sitting at home last night, before i went to basketball, and i saw a bit of Heroes, and the time travelling thing got me to thinking...

Bad stuff happens to good people; we all know that. Why is a bit harder to figure out. My thoughts are that much of this is a consequence of God's gift of Free Will and the laws of physics, you know; "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." I also know that "...all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8: 28. So God works his plan in the good and the bad times, and even though Satan might mean something for his evil purposes, God can take that and use it for His good purposes. BUT. What if we had the capacity to go back and change the past, not that I think we ever will (unlike TV, reality has no reset button) but what if we did. Would changing the bad stuff in the past really affect the future in a serious way??

Maybe it all comes down to how powerful we really think God is. If God is All Powerful, All Knowing and Ever Present, surely He can adapt his plans to what ever we may do. Alternatively, where and when does our responsibility come in to actually do something in order to see the world changed??

I know what I think, what about you??

I leave you with the words of Chuck Holton, a former U.S Army Ranger, author and Christian: "Whatever happens in my life is either God's plan or my mistake." -or something to that effect

2 comments:

Sarah Eldridge said...

Hey Joel,
Loving your blog. It's nearly 4am so I can't really give too much of a deep comment, but one thing I'll say is that I can't wait for Kids Camp! Keep up the great work, and I'm looking forward to the 23rd!
Blessings,
Sare

Joel Clifford said...

thanks Sarah. Kids camp is going to be awesome!! For those who are too "mature" to be elligable to attend the camp, come and check out the concert at the South Barwon corps hall which is in Fracnis street Belmont (Geelong) on Monday 2nd July at 7 PM