Thursday, May 24, 2007

Whats Love Got To Do With It Anyway???

The Salvo's new territorial youth initiative is called 2Love. You may have heard me speak about it and have probably seen the logo on a few of the posters i have put together for publicity.

The 2Love strategy is based on Jesus response to the lawyers question, "What is the greatest commanment?"

The story goes like this:

Mark 12: 28- 33: One of the scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, he asked him, “Which commandment is the first of all?” Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Then the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher; you have truly said that ‘he is one, and besides him there is no other’; and ‘to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the strength,’ and ‘to love one’s neighbor as oneself,’—this is much more important than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” (bold mine)

In Western Vic i have adopted this strategy as part of my strategy for the division.

As is mentioned in my earlier blog, on the 23rd of June we will be launching the 2Love strategy for the division. Without giving much away, the strategy is based around equipping the young people of the division with ways to love God and others as they go back to their curches and communities, in order to impact the world.

But the real reason i wrote this blog wasnt to launch 2Love in WVD on cyberspace, but to ask you what do you love.

I'm looking for the less than obvious answers of "God" and "Jesus". In fact the odder the better. I would like to use some of these examples as part of the launch on the 23rd.

Anonymity is guaranteed on the night, i promise. Remember that if you don't want to be identified on the blog, you will need to hide your name when you post a comment.

4 comments:

Gracious Warrior said...

What do I love?
I love many things...
I love my pets, my family, my cookie monster top, snow, popping bubble wrap, Portello softdrink anddddd books... just to name a few!

Doris said...

I love plenty of things also. Top of my list being carbonated soda. Especcially Coke. I like long walks on the beach during a beautiful sunset. But mostly I think I Love food, maybe a little too much Though.

I love you all too.
xoxo

Joel Clifford said...

Thanks for your contributions, please keep them coming, it will make things more interesting on the night

Sharon said...

I LOVE... my dog, my family, my footy team, the smell of rain, the smell of babies, tulips and daffodils, 4WD in the mud, my friends, emails and letters (handwritten), hearing the voice of a friend, hugs, The Rock, holidays, italian food, chocolate, laughing (there's nothin' like a good long laugh to brighten up the day), horseriding, lee kernaghan, a good bass voice, smiles, motorbike rides, theme parks (but I haven't been to many), suprises, gosh there are soooo many, i love blue skies, starry nights, lightning, christmas lights, angels, did I say chocolate? hot milk, porridge, foot massage, babies giggling, practical jokes, hope that helps Joel